The vaping community has a ton of choices for box mods in 2016. We searched out some of the best new mods to try in 2016. These are picked for quality, ease of use and newness.
If you are new to vaping and want to buy your first mod check out this article on E-cig Starter Kits for 2016
Vapor Flask Stout
The Vapor Flavor Stout by Vape Forward is a superbly made Box mod. They really paid attention to the details when creating the Stout. The Flask Trout Runs on a single 22650 Battery, that is something you will see more of in the coming months, Mini mods with 26650’s in them. You are also able to use 18650’s but you wont get the max power you get with a 26650. This multi battery size capability use is really unique and something I would also imagine may become more popular.
You can upgrade The Vapor Flask Stouts firmware when new updates and power updates come out making the Stout “Future Proof” You also get a bunch of safety features making this a great option for new and experienced vapers alike.
- Maximum Wattage Output: 100W
- Upgradeable firmware
- Battery: 1*26650/1*18650 High-drain battery
- Fires Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel coils in TC mode
- Temperature Range: 200°F-600°F/ 100°C-315°C
- Minimum Resistance 0.05 in TC/0.10 in Watts
- Low Voltage/Resistance protection
- Short Circuit protection
- Low battery/reverse battery protection
Grab a Vapor Flask Stout for around $89.00
VapeMX 150W Ultra Compact
The VapeMX 150W Temp Controlled Ultra Compact for starters has a long name…Don’t let the long name fool you this is a pint size mod with a huge bite. This mod is almost half the size of an Iphone and able to pump out 150W’s and up to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit in TC mode.They actually had a special chip made to slim down the mod without loosing much of the power.
If you like to customize then this is the mod for you. You can switch out the sleeve for any one of the many other sleeves available. Somehow they were able to squeeze 2 18650’s into that small body..
- 47mm by 23mm by 89mm
- 5 to 150W – 3.3 to 7.1V Power Output Range
- Adjust in 0.1W Increments from 5 – 99.9W
- and 1W Increments from 100 to 150W
- Atomizer resistance range 0.05Ω to 2.0Ω
- 200 °F to 600 °F
- Titanium/ Ni200 Nickel Support
- Pass Through Mode – 0.3Ω to 2.0Ω
- Top Mounted OLED Screen
- Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Connection
- Adjustable Gain settings
Pick up the VapeMX 150W Box mod for around $120.00
Kanger KBOX 200W TC
The Kanger KBox 20W TC is one small and powerful mod. If you thought the VapeMX was small and strong the Kbox 200W is well 50W more. I think this may be a little bigger than the VapeMX. Anyway. The Kbox is the strongest version in the Kanger Kbox series. Kanger was able to get the 200W and Temp control capabilities in such a small package with their new chip.
Running on dual 18650’s the Kbox 200W can last you all day long with decent batteries.The Kbox is made out of a Zinc Alloy and Aluminum Alloy construction making it strong and lightweight. Making it perfect for a grab and go Vape.
- Dimensions: 86mm X 56mm X 22mm
- Wattage Output Range: 7.0W – 120W
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05Ω
- Upgradable firmware
- Nichrome, Titanium, Stainless Steel, and Nickel Compatible
- Magnetic Battery Cover
- Short Circuit/ Overheat Protection Protection
- Low Voltage Protection
- Discharge Protection
- Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
- Zinc Alloy Construction
Pick up the Kanger KBox 200W TC for around $65.00
Wotofo Chieftain 220 TC
The Wotofo Cheiftain 220W TC Box mod is our heavy hitter for the list. Able to pump out a lip singeing 220 Watts. The Chieftain will have the power when you need it. In temp control mode you can actually get the Chieftain to power coils down to 0.06Ω. Zap Zap…
Sporting a slick matte black finish and slick chrome buttons and 510 connection with the name “Cheiftain” on the side case in bold white lettering letting everyone know you’re a man.
- Variable Wattage range: 5.0W-200.0W
- Resistance 0.1Ω to 3.0Ω
- Temp Range 200°F to 650°F
- Minimum Resistance: 0.10Ω In Wattage and 0.06Ω Temperature Control Mode
- Low voltage/Low resistance protection
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse/ Low battery protection
- Magnetic battery cover
- Battery: 2X 18650 high-drain batteries
Pick up a Chieftain 220W box mod for around $90.00
Sigelei Spark 90W TC
The Sigelei Spark 90W temp controlled box mod packs a punch for it’s size. Running off a single 18650 and able to push out up to 90 watts of power the Spark is perfect for the average vaper. Not trying to win any cloud comps yet still like some power.
Made from a zinc alloy the Spark is not only small but extremely lightweight and fits in your hand nicely. You also get all the nice protection new and experienced vapers can apreciate.
- Dimensions: 3-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ x 7/8″
- Atomizer Resistance Range: 0.1Ω – 3.0Ω
- Variable Wattage Range: 10W – 90W
- Output Voltage Range: 1.0V – 7.5V
- Temperature Adjustment Range: 100-300°C / 212-572°F
- Magnet Battery Cover
- Input High/Low Voltage Warning
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Resistance Protection
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Overheating Prevention
If you liked this article, you may like a new tank to go with your new box mod. Check out Sub-ohm Tanks to try in 2016